Friday, June 20, 2014
Folder Hidden 2.2 is the latest version which is developed by ‘WinMend’ systems. The main intention behind developing this tool is to ensure complete privacy when share your computer with multiple users. The new version has added a function for automatic update.
- Safe and Reliable – The technology used for hiding will in no way damage your data.
- Instant hiding with high speed whether you have GB’s of data or a folder consisting a lot of files.
- Supports Removable drives – The files and folders can be made invisible on USB or flash drives which are removable from the computer.
- Drag and Drop facility to import files and folders using the file browser.
- Sort the files and folders according to name or status.
It sports a clean and intuitive user interface, where you can configure options according to your needs. It is mandatory to set a password when you first time initialize the software, which can be changed later. You can import files and folders by dragging them to the application using the file browser.
To hide files/folders, simply press the “Set to hide” button and the status would be changed from “visible” to “hidden” in the list. You can unhide them anytime you want with a valid password. You can refresh the list, change the interface language, color and password.
The application takes up very little system resources and the main loophole in the application is when you change your password, it will not ask for the old one which is a prerequisite. And, because of that anyone can change your password and access if you leave the application open.
Overall, WinMend Folder Hidden 2.2 is a great tool for user identity and privacy except the fact that it doesn’t ask for the old password, when you are setting a new password.
Friday, June 20, 2014 by naresh kumar · 0
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
This is an excellent desktop security manager for Windows operating systems, where experienced people can administer security all through their computer. The user can even include user groups or individual users in the exception list. The tool enables you to stop particular keyboard shortcuts and mouse gestures. It allows you to terminate apps that are installed on your system.
- New ‘Taskman tab’
- Ability to disable “Ctrl-Alt-Del” Default hotkey changed to “Ctrl-Shift-F12”
- Disabling USB drives also disables iPhone access
- Updated default profiles
- Ability to add a custom logo to Safe Start Menu
- Advanced hotkey configuration
- Improved access to Deskman after elevation
- Ability to view persistent/recommended restrictions
Although, Deskman is intuitive and developed mainly for administrators and experienced, novice users may find it difficult to work with, because of the language present in the program. Below the menu bar, the interface includes some shortcuts such as Secure, Clear, Profiles, Settings, Help, and Hide for performing tasks faster.
You can customize options by selecting the restrictions you want to apply for Desktop and System related tools. You could deactivate various key and mouse actions, start menu options, Apps, and Web options. You can create a new task by typing the name of a program, document, or resource, to be executed.
- One-Button Security – Lock down workstations the way you wish.
- Kiosk Mode – Lock down desktops, allowing only the apps you want.
- Maintenance Mode – Remove restrictions when needed.
- You can have a lot of restrictions for System Policies, Start Menu, Apps, Web, etc.
- Block applications that are meant to damage your secure environment by allowing only a list of programs.
- It provides Safe Web Browsing that block websites, with your exemptions.
- Disable USB drives and added reboot adviser icon in the status bar.
With Deskman, the advanced setup options include user exceptions, autologon, silent installation available, user profiles for fast deployment, import/export data file, tight hotkey and password security system without any internet connection. The new version Deskman 15 has fixed startup bug in 32-bit systems, added Deskman process shielding, and fixed other minor changes.
Deskman is available in two different editions – Classic and Network. With “Deskman Network”, you could protect multiple PCs or workstations in your organization and is accessible via web. Download the desired version that best suits your needs.
Tuesday, June 3, 2014 by naresh kumar · 0
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
With Folder Guard, you can even block access to Control Panel, Start Menu, removable drives, and other sensitive system files from alteration. A single “Master Password” is required to unlock all the files and folders, or set a unique password to each file or folder. The NTFS volumes in Windows XP or Vista do have built-in security to control access, but using Folder Guard, you can get greater security blocking both NTFS and FAT/FAT32 drives.
Installation and User Interface:
When installing, the program creates a restore point backing up everything to the initial state in case the password is forgotten or stored data is affected. After installation, you can configure Folder Guard easily with the intuitive interface.
The User Interface offers tree-like folder-view where you can select the desired folder, set the “Access” to Full access, Read-Only, or No access and set the password to that folder. Click Protect -> Apply changes in the file menu. In the Protect menu, you can clear all restrictions, change the master password, and access application settings. In the “Restrict” menu, you can choose the folder visibility or remove all restrictions of the desired folder. You could access Windows tools which include Explorer, Control Panel, Registry Editor, and Policy Editor respectively.
- Hide your personal folders from friends, family or colleagues.
- Password-protect and restrict access to file folders.
- Control access to Windows system tools and files which cause instability while installing applications.
- Lock access to USB, CD-ROM and other removable drives.
- Restrict access to Control Panel, Internet Explorer from downloading web content and other computer security tasks.
- Protect your files without encrypting them.
- Quickly enable/disable protection of your computer using a specific key combination called “Hotkey” along with your password.
- Can operate in “Stealth mode”
- Easy recovery in case of emergency
- Works with drives of both NTFS and FAT/FAT32 drives.
- Compatible with other disk tools like Folder Lock, etc.
- The program is enterprise-ready that doesn’t require license validation over the internet.
- Runs on Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP operating systems.
Overall, Folder Guard is a powerful corporate security program with an efficient set of features, which is recommended to all enterprise users who want their data to be protected.
Wednesday, May 28, 2014 by naresh kumar · 0
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Free Alarm Clock 3.1 has a clean interface with intuitive layout. You must define the time and create a label, when setting up an alarm. You can schedule alarms on specific date and time. You can even set an alarm-tone for formats like MP3, WAV, and WMA from the available sound files or by browsing the hard disk.
If your computer is in sleep mode, even then the program can wake up and turn on the monitor power. You can adjust the alarm volume, enable snooze button and loop until the alarm is dismissed. The program offers various alarm settings such as Time, Repeat, Label, Sound, Loop, Snooze, Turn on the volume, Turn on the monitor power and Wake up computer from a sleep mode.
The new version Free Alarm Clock 3.1 includes features like improved DPI Scaling support, improved Volume controller, and other minor enhancements.
- Full-featured and User-friendly alarm clock
- Set as many alarms you want
- Play MP3, WAV and WMV music files to wake up your computer
- Set an alarm-tone from built-in music library or browsing hard disk
- Wakes up your system from a Sleep mode
- Automatically turns on the volume, if you accidentally muted the alarm.
- Run it directly from your portable USB flash drive
- Completely free to download and use
All in all, Free Alarm Clock 3.1 is an amazing handy tool for users who are punctual about their work on the computer.
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 by naresh kumar · 0
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
MBAM is obtainable in two different versions – Free and Premium. If you wish to have better protection, think about Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium which instantly checks for malware threats and automatically removes from infecting your PC, thus, preventing hackers from accessing your precious data.
The new version Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.1 has improved several features and fixed various issues related to system crash and performance.
- More responsive Self-protection feature
- Blank window flashing on screen is removed during system boot
- Main program window opens to the Dashboard
- [Fixed] Crashes and BSOD issues with rootkit scanning
- [Improved] Rootkit Scanning
- [Fixed] Compatibility issues with certain VPN client software and much more…
- [Improved] Database is now updated automatically after installation
- [Reduced] Size of all tray notifications
- [Reduced] Intensity of colors used for tray notifications and status banners in the Dashboard.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 sports new look that is easier to navigate with fewer tabs, touch-friendly buttons, and adaptive windows. When not in use, MBAM sits in system tray which improves usability. The main interface shows the important details of the program and your system such as Product License, Database Version, Scan Progress, and Real-Time Protection.
You can select three types of scans – Threat, Custom and Hyper (Quick) scan from the user interface.
- [FREE]Anti-Malware/Anti-Spyware – Detects and eliminates malware from your system.
- [FREE] Built-in Anti-Rootkit – Removes rootkits and repairs the files they damage.
- [FREE] Advanced Malware Removal – Uses industry-leading technology to completely remove malware code.
- [PRO] Blocks Malicious Websites from accessing your computer
- [PRO] Offers Real-Time Protection which detects malware automatically before they infect
- [PRO] Hyper Scan Mode – Scans quickly for active threats
- [PRO] Scan/Database Update Scheduler – Schedule Automatic Scans and Database updates
- [PRO] Malwarebytes Chameleon Driver – Prevents malware from closing or stopping Malwarebytes tool or modifying its processes.
The Anti-Malware feature has improved 64-bit support which comes with integrated Anti-rookit option. There are many utilities available like access managers, automatic schedulers, exclusion options, etc., which can be managed under “Settings” tab. MBAM offers a forum community to discuss issues related to new and existing malware around the globe.
Overall, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 is an excellent malware removal program for both naïve and experienced users. The program is supported in Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2003 and Server 2008 operating systems. The paid version is available for $24.95 or you can try a 14-day trial of the premium and then upgrade if necessary.
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 by naresh kumar · 0
Monday, May 5, 2014
Driver Booster is designed by IObit’s most driver update technology, which downloads and installs the right update for your old drivers that saves a lot of time. You must require an internet connection for updating the old drivers. The best part in Driver Booster is the gaming performance is increased so that you can enjoy playing games without any interruptions. A full system reboot is required to effect the changes.
The latest version is available to download i.e. Driver Booster 1.3.1 which has the following new and improved features.
- [Added] Uninstall feature to easily uninstall any old drivers.
- [Added] 24x7 Toll Free Phone Support (Pro only)
- [Improved] Stability in Audio and Video Driver Updating
- [Optimized] Driver Installation Engine with Higher Driver-Device Matching Accuracy.
- [Expanded] Database to Support More Devices
- Other Minor improvements
Installation and Interface:
The installation of Driver Booster is quick and clean which offers to install some ad-supported applications which are optional. It is recommended to pay attention while installing the tool. As of interface, you have a big “SCAN” button which, when you click lists out the outdated drivers on your PC. Click “Update” or “Update All” to update the driver(s). Some of updated drivers need to have a full system reboot to take effect based on the level of performance.
You can also install drivers in background automatically without disturbing your regular work. The interface displays the “Driver Performance” level as Bad/Worse/Worst depending upon the driver performance. You can scan automatically when the program is launched or at fixed frequencies.
You can options to automatically create a restore point before a driver is installed and delete installed driver installers.
Monday, May 5, 2014 by naresh kumar · 0
Friday, May 2, 2014
KMPlayer is one of the world’s most popular and unique multimedia players that has users in 230+ countries and is supported in 36 languages. This tool has several names, but mostly labeled as KMPlayer or KMP. Because KMP has its own internal codec, the user has no need to install other types of codec. It offers an excellent multimedia playback experience supporting several video and audio formats along with various subtitles.
- User Interface
- Defined player and Content services
- Support playing J2J (Java-to-Java) method modulated files.
- Drag & Drop files in Zip
- Changed extended links at Window 8 & UAC
- Added right Tab On/Off button
- Screen Black-out error in EVR C/A
- SKIP from embedded AVI Reader in KMP
- Bookmark functions
- Removed the Grid-network
- Screen-sizing issue, when skin has changed or shade screen is converted
- IE problems, when the network is offline
- Functions - Image processing and resizing functions, Video and Image capture functions, Wallpaper viewing function, Speech processing function, Input/Output color face function, Frequency analysis & wavy pattern output function when playing music, Skin function, Subtitle function, Real-time Broadcast viewing function and Jog & Shuttle for language studying function/section repetition function.
- Plugins – Winamp (General Purpose and Visualization), RealMedia and QuickTime
- Integrated Codec+ information that can play any video and audio format
- Can play damaged/incomplete AVI files
- Supports live equipments like TV/Camera
- Easy to use OSC (On-Screen Control)
- Requires only 30MB of HDD space
- Supports Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP and 2000 with DirectX 9.0 or higher
A free and stable mobile version of KMPlayer is available for Android and Apple devices which can be downloaded from their respective App stores. You can watch high resolution videos that don’t require separate encoding. A simple yet sleek interface with essential features is accessible. You can manage multimedia files on your mobile device easily like you did on your desktop.
Overall, KMPlayer 3.8 is a decent version which includes the above listed features and you may receive the “Cloud KMP” feature ASAP, by which you can easily manage your media library files that were edited in Album Art and can be synchronized anytime, anywhere.
Friday, May 2, 2014 by naresh kumar · 0
Friday, April 18, 2014
The program installs quickly and completely ad-free. You can download themes from the built-in theme store. To make navigation smoother, the program allows you to put your most-frequently used folders in a bookmark bar.
The latest version Clover 3.0 has accelerated the creation of new tab and improved color for UI elements and Tab strip in case of high contrast and black themes. Few bugs in Windows 8/8.1 are fixed such as IME candidate box, Preview Windows, and Ribbon, that are not shown in the previous version.
- Ctrl + T to open the page, Ctrl + W to close, and Ctrl + Tab to switch pages
- Seamlessly integrates with your operating system which makes the file management operation easier.
- Bookmarks Bar – Press Ctrl + D to bookmark the current path, or drag the folder into the bookmarks bar
- Low RAM usage
- You can create a shortcut for certain webpage from the Clover interface, the same way you did from the regular Windows explorer.
- Can reopen a previously closed tab just using the context menu or the keyboard shortcut
Finally, Clover proves to be an excellent choice for users who wish to increase their productivity in working with files. Clover take less system resources compared to complex file managers such as “Total Commander” or “EF Commander”.
Friday, April 18, 2014 by naresh kumar · 0
Sunday, April 6, 2014
Norton Zone is a cloud-based service operated by ‘Symantec’ which provides client-side encryption and uses encrypted and replicated cloud storage. As the files are shared through many devices, the user is concerned about security of their data. Norton Zone automatically scans files for malware and viruses before they infect your device.
It offers a free 5 GB of online storage and can be extended for larger storage through subscription which starts from $4.99 per month. For business, Norton Zone lets you share files with extreme safety with its built-in control and protection, and most importantly it is enterprise ready and secure. A 30-day trial is on hand for an enterprise ready solution, for further extension you could contact customer support.
Secure File Sharing:
The data you upload into Norton Zone can be accessed across all your devices like Smartphone, Tablet or Computer, securely. You can share a folder with friends or co-workers such that they can edit and share anything with you in that folder. Invite as many people as you want to share a folder with you.
People who have shared your file can be collaborated with comments for more fun than ever before. The files shared are automatically scanned for malware and viruses before the recipient downloads them.
You can create a link to any file in your zone and email that link to anyone, so that they can easily download with just one click. There are no size or email restrictions that you might worry. You can post a link to your Facebook wall, with link expiration and download limit settings.
Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone; No matter what device you’re handling, Norton Zone can be accessed from anywhere. The newly added files have instant access because everything is automatically synchronized across all your devices. You can sort files by file type and see the activities associated with your Norton Zone account on any device you wish to.
Norton Zone is custom designed for devices which include Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows, Windows RT, and Mac OS. Each app is designed according to the devices’ security benefits and technology.
Complete Control & Safety:
Norton Zone has its own data center to manage all your files which are encrypted when they are transferred to data center. You can add people to share, remove them when not required, and manage the links you create. The data is controlled by you and remains secure with Norton Zone’s data center.
Norton Zone is proven to be the #1 online storage & data backup tool because of its design and functionality. Go for it, if you are looking for a great cloud-based storage and backup service.
Sunday, April 6, 2014 by naresh kumar · 0
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Smart Encryptor especially designed for Windows XP users, so the modern OS users like Windows 8 and 7 have to wait till the program gets novel. This tool offers ultimate protection when you are sending your important files to others via e-mail. The program is completely free to download and use.
The user interface of Smart Encryptor is very simple and the process involved in encrypting is quite easy to perform. It provides two tabs – one for Encrypting and the other for Decrypting. You can use drag and drop to add files or folders and save encrypted file as .SME. You have to enter the password to secure file encryption. It offers options to wipe source file and create self-extracting files. Hit the “Encrypt” button to start encrypting all the added files.
In ‘Advanced Settings’, you can either of the two encryption methods – AES and Blowfish. You can select the ‘Shredding method’ i.e. US Department of Defence, US National Security Agency or Custom method. In ‘Custom’ method, you can overwrite files with zero, one or random characters.
- Encryption process is easy to operate with intuitive user interface.
- Encrypt your significant files or folders directly from Windows Explorer with just a right-click on the desired file or folder.
- You can select any of two advanced encryption algorithms – AES or Blowfish.
- Stores all your private files and folders in one archive maintaining the folder hierarchy.
- Send encrypted files to others using ‘Self-decrypting executables’.
- Self Extracting Archive – Sends your encrypted data to others along with the software to automatically decrypt it. Thus, the recipient need not required to have Smart Encryptor installed on their systems.
- Optionally wipe the source files.
- Option to shred the original file after it has been enciphered.
There are several advanced encryption methods available in the market, but most of them are not effective. As Smart Encryptor is employed with two powerful encryption algorithms that are followed by US government standard, the files and folders are completely secure when sending via e-mail. For Windows XP users, this can be a great tool for sending their files to others without data loss.
Wednesday, April 2, 2014 by naresh kumar · 0