Friday, March 7, 2014
SpringPublisher is in many ways used as a DTP tool with basic and advanced features. A Pro version is also available for just $23.95 that supports high-resolution printing, microperforated paper, and other aspects.
The new version SpringPublisher 4.0 has few added features such as image effect filters of mono, sepia, red, green, and blue; photo adjustment filters of brightness, contrast and gamma; and border effect. It has fixed the issue of importing large size of photos.
- You can download high-quality templates from the online template store.
- You can add images, QR codes, texts, maps, vector shapes, logos, artistic QR codes, barcodes and arrange them as you like.
- It provides various image effects such as shadows, opacity adjustment, rotation, border effect, image filers, etc.
- Generates high-resolution artwork with a maximum output of 350dpi.
- You can print your artworks using your own printer or professional printers.
- Supports Avery and Printworks microperforated paper that enables you to create business cards and postcards more easily.
The user interface of SpringPublisher is very similar to Microsoft’s Office with ribbon-style toobars. You can create, save, and print projects easily from the interface. The ‘Page Manager’ tool lets you preview creations before the final output. It installs a browser toolbar along with the main application.
You can expect everything that a DTP tool contains right from adding special effects to printing envelopes and labels. Whereas, you can’t export high quality artworks in free version.
Friday, March 7, 2014 by Naresh Kumar · 0
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
McAfee Antivirus Plus 2014 includes firewall, web, and email protection tools with some extra tools like file shredder and defragmenter. It offers real-time and scheduled scans with the assistance of good anti-virus database. The built-in firewall and web protection are the main modules in this antivirus software.
The user interface is completely different from others which has an uncluttered design, although, the users find it difficult to use it the first time. The UI includes three main links on the right-side – Home, Navigation and Help. The “Home” section shows your computer protection which includes Virus and Spyware Protection, Web and Email Protection, McAfee Updates and Your Subscription. All the links for Features, Settings, Reports and History, and McAfee Resources are comprised in “Navigation” center.
- Real-time antivirus defense protection from Trojans, spyware, viruses, rootkits, and more threats.
- Advanced Scanning engine – Scans for threats faster without compromising your computer performance and battery consumption.
- McAfee ActiveProtection and NetGuard Technology – Keeps away from zero-day threats and botnets.
- McAfee Vulnerability Scanner – Fix security issues in Windows OS and its applications.
- McAfee Shredder – Removes your sensitive files securely with no chance of restoration.
- McAfee SiteAdvisor - Displays safety ratings (red, yellow and green) of the websites you visit.
- Two-way Firewall – Prevent hackers and malicious software from accessing or stealing your private data.
- Network Intrusion Security – “My Home Network” shows all connected devices of your internet connection, so that you can find out who else is accessing your connection.
- Protects your Family i.e. monitors your kids’ online activity easily.
- Anti-spam - Block spam and dangerous email effectively.
Another special feature in McAfee Antivirus Plus 2014 is “CleanBoot Rescue CD”, a Windows-based bootable antivirus which scans for malware without relying on Windows, so that Windows-based malware threats cannot fight back.
The program prevents potentially unwanted program from running i.e. allowing programs only you can trust. There are three scan types – Quick, Full, Customd and Real-time scan running in the background to detect viruses, spyware and other threats. Sometimes, the system needs a reboot to completely remove malware that’s alive in memory. It alerts you the phishing or fraudulent websites that attempts to steal your login information.
Finally, McAfee Antivirus Plus 2014 has interesting security features, but it has a confusing and unattractive interface which users may find it hard to use and moreover, it doesn’t have no password protection options. The PC users who are willing to have a basic PC protection with effective optimization and privacy tools, then McAfee Antivirus Plus 2014 could be the right choice.
Download Link: McAfee Antivirus Plus 2014
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 by Naresh Kumar · 0
Sunday, February 23, 2014
Ashampoo Burning Studio Free got power, simplicity, and most importantly intuitive to use. With this user-friendly burning software, you can effortlessly undertake all tasks such as burn movies, music and data. You can create audio CDs, data discs, Blu-ray discs, burn backups, rip music and much more.
To install Ashampoo Burning Studio Free, you require minimum 1024x768 resolution and 200 MB HDD space. You need to install LightScribe System Software to run the program smoothly and effectively.
The recent version Ashampoo Burning Studio Free 1.12 has removed MyAshampoo Toolbar and improved performance and stability. To get the full features of the program, you have to request a free license key when running the application for the first time.
- Multi-disc file backup and restore on CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs.
- Integrated Audio CD ripper
- Set the number of copies before burning
- Discs are verified immediately without being ejected first.
- Key Features:
- Burn data CD/DVD/Blu-ray discs with or without the auto - start functionality.
- Burn backups of data on one or more CD/DVD/Blu-ray discs.
- Burn music as audio CD, mp3 or wma collection.
- Burn Full HD Blu-ray discs from already existing files.
- Integrated support for 1700+ CD/DVD/Blu-ray burners.
- Create and burn disc images
- Create modified copies of already existing discs.
- Rips music of different formats from CD.
- Copy CD/DVD/Blu-ray discs
- Erase Re-writable discs
- Update previously burned discs
- Save project files so that you can burn the same discs again later.
- Interactive troubleshooting assistant for resolving hardware and media issues.
Apart from offering wide range of features, Ashampoo Burning Studio Free is not completely customizable, but the clutter-free interface helps basic users a lot. Overall, Ashampoo Burning Studio Free provides a strong feature-rich pack which is suitable for all users.
Download Link: Ashampoo Burning Studio Free
Sunday, February 23, 2014 by Naresh Kumar · 0
Thursday, February 20, 2014
LicenseCrawler can get the serial numbers of numerous applications and softwares such as Nero, Ashampoo, Office, VMware, etc. Your work and time will be saved instead of searching for the keys in your mailbox, manuals and other location. The program supports all versions of Windows OS, including Windows 8.
Since the program is portable, it can be easily accessed from a USB drive, External HDD or any storage unit. You can simply drag and drop the application’s files to any location of the hard drive.
The user interface of LicenseCrawler is uncomplicated where you can select a computer to search in, along with the registry. After completing the scanning process, you can find out the product ID, type and name, purchased owner and serial number of the respective software. The processed details can be exported to a text document with or without encryption.
Pros and Cons:
- Finds the serial or license very quickly
- Searches serials for all versions of Windows
- Accessible from a USB drive or any other storage device
- Doesn’t always find the right serial number
- Program needs admin rights
The recent version 1.35 has updated scan engine and batch processing, along with backing up all computer license data in the network. The program is free for non-commercial use and ad-supported. The non-registered version will show nag screens during each run.
You can scan multiple computers at once by inserting a TXT file from the hard drive. And also you can create a whitelist/blacklist, disable high speed scanning if you wish to lower your computer’s resources and enable a 64-bit scan.
The program has a fair response time, consumes moderate amount of CPU and system resources. If you’ve lost program keys or serial numbers, then download LicenseCrawler to recover them immediately.
Download Link: LicenseCrawler
Thursday, February 20, 2014 by Naresh Kumar · 0
Monday, February 17, 2014
CleanGenius is an all-in-one cleaner which takes control of your PC and protects your privacy from illegal traces when browsing online or social networking. It detects and deletes hard-to-remove junk files to free up your computer hard disk space. It easily removes unwanted software, plugin, empty files, etc.
The latest version CleanGenius 3.24 supports Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP and Mac OS X 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, & 10.6 operating systems. The Mac version comes as a free 15-day trial with various disabled functions such as Clean up Social Network Service history and Instant Messenger history, Registry Cleaner and Defrag, Cloned File Finder, Context Menu fixer, and Driver backup. Whereas, the Windows version is completely free to download and use.
The new version has added few animation effects, drag and drop facility, option to hide the status in menu bar and other enhancements.
The program has got more options than CCleaner but some are disabled in free version. Still, the free version is impressive and serves more than expected. The tool can scan your computer to clean, revamp and optimize the system with just a few clicks. Some of the advanced tools are still accessible in EaseUS CleanGenius Free edition.
- Quick and Deep Scan
- Computer and Internet Privacy Protection
- Memory Manager to optimize and improve system performance.
- Driver Backup for backing up Windows device drivers.
- Uninstall Manager to safely remove unwanted software.
- Process Manager, an augmented task manager for advanced information regarding system programs and processes running.
- Disk Defragmenter, Disk Cleaner and Disk Check.
- Shutdown Scheduler for scheduling power management tasks.
- Registry Cleaner and Registry Defrag
- Context Menu Fixer
- Shortcut Cleaner to remove invalid or useless shortcuts.
- Top file Finder, Cloned File Finder and Empty Folder Finder.
- Unlock Locked Files which helps to rename, move or delete locked resources.
- File Shredder and File Splitter
EaseUS CleanGenius Free uses less CPU resources and RAM. It has a wide range of tools for perfect computer maintenance, which can be configured by all user levels.
Monday, February 17, 2014 by Naresh Kumar · 0
Friday, February 14, 2014
The new version 1.31 includes added bundled language files for Windows 8.1, DisplayFusion fixes, hid the advanced option when closing a metro app, and other unspecified changes.
The installation asks whether you favor the Windows 8 Metro-style or the original Windows 7-style Start Menu. You can customize a few options like style, configure, and control of Start8.
With the return of Windows 7-style Start Menu with Windows 8 enhancements, you can access to shutdown, devices, music, documents, and videos with just one-click. You can search for Windows 8 apps, ping desktop and metro app to the start menu. A unified search for apps, settings and files is added. You can boot directly to the Windows 8 desktop. A “Jump List” feature is also included in Start8.
A Clean, streamlined user interface improves Start8’s usability where you can access Windows 8 Start screen from the Start8 menu itself. You can disable all Windows 8 hot corners when at the desktop and automatically go the desktop when you sign in.
The configuration of Start8 made life easy where you can customize what would the user like to see on the menu, such as large icons, recently used applications, open submenus on mouseover, and highlight newly installed applications. You can customize the shortcuts you want on the right-hand side like Administrative tools, control panel, connect to, default programs, etc.
On the other-side, Start8 is limited to 30 days, which will disappoint many Windows 8 users. However, the 30-day trial version gives you full features to use and customize. The full version can be purchased for $4.99.
Download Link: Start8
Friday, February 14, 2014 by Naresh Kumar · 0
Monday, February 10, 2014
AVG LinkScanner validates the safety of web pages you visit, and of links revisited from web searches of search engines – Google, Yahoo! and MSN, so that you can make out the safe and dangerous pages before clicking on it.
AVG LinkScanner Free 2014 was designed to protect all the web users from online users. It works as a browser add-on and runs instantly after the installation. As soon as the installation is over, the system needs a reboot. You can customize the program settings or decide what to do with a virus infected file accordingly. It works in background and the help system provides detailed information and assists you with any formidable task.
The user interface is simple and smooth with minimal changes to the 2013 version. On clicking the “Web Browsing” tile button, it opens up into two basic tools – LinkScanner Surf-Shield and Online Shield. You need to upgrade if you wish to activate “Online Shield”. In “Options” menu, you can update the definitions, check history of blocked websites, exploits prevented, etc.
You can disable the system tray notifications like an update and component change notifications from advanced settings. Enable “Game Mode” when a full-screen application is executed so that all the unnecessary notifications and running modules are minimized. You can uncheck the “Animate Transitions” when opening and closing components. To resolve technical issues or problems when installing specific softwares, you can “Temporarily Disable AVG LinkScanner Protection” features from advanced settings.
- Provides safety ratings (Safe, Risky or Dangerous) for each link you visit, whether directly or in your search results.
- Unique and Real-time protection while you surf and search, prevents the web page from opening if it is rated “Dangerous”.
- AVG Do Not Track – Lets you recognize which websites are collecting are tracking your online activities and the data exchanged.
- AVG Security Toolbar – Alerts you if websites or advertisers are collecting information of your web browsing activity.
- AVG Rewards – Integrated feature helps you to find some of the best and relevant deals when you shop online from your favorite online e-commerce sites.
- On-demand Scan – Easily scan a website address in order to detect threats you visit.
- Protects from malicious codes and dangerous websites such as Exploit, Social Engineering, Scam, and Hoax.
- Automatic updates whenever the threat intelligence network recognizes a new threat.
As AVG LinkScanner 2014 is not only the option available in the market, one cannot estimate the efficiency of other alternatives if you need extra protection from web threats. Finally, AVG LinkScanner or Secure Search is worth-trying for its additional security layer while surfing and searching from malicious websites.
Monday, February 10, 2014 by Naresh Kumar · 0
Thursday, February 6, 2014
Find and Run Robot (FARR) is a very handy tool, possibly replacing Windows search tool. The tool is available in the normal installer along with the portable version. It supports Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP and 2000 operating systems.
You can download add-ons, plug-ins and SDK for coders. You can get a free license key of FARR if you run a business or for other commercial purposes. All you have to do is sign up at FARR forum and download a free key for FARR. You can also get the license key and extra special benefits by donating some amount to FARR.
FARR becomes very useful if you have a large hard drive and huge amount of data to be accessible. FARR is loaded with a simple keyboard shortcut which is to be set by the user. A “Launch History” tab keeps track of what you’ve launched. The utility runs in your system tray and uses less RAM.
There are more options available for users more than just launching and searching files such as adjusting the font size, style and color, taking screen shots, web searches, hot-key customization and calculation functions.
- Ready to run with no configuration needed.
- Customizable options and settings.
- Caches programs the user launch for faster searches via a “Launch History” tab.
- Built-in special commands that allow the user to perform lots of different web searches and other operations.
- Create and share (xml) alias packs or download them.
- Powerful Clipboard Monitor and Searcher.
- A Live Calculator
- A Bookmark Searcher
- Fully portable, low system overhead and runnable from a USB drive.
- Results are up to date with minimal memory use.
- Dozens of skins and customizable fonts.
- Full directory browsing function with live search filtering.
- Customizable Toolbar for regular functions and operations.
- Customizable hotkey triggers to launch and perform specific searches.
- Install open source plug-ins to add advanced functionality.
- Absolutely free to download and use.
Find and Run Robot 2.2 is the latest version which has few tweaks and improvements such as network drives listed in options to avoid slowdowns, improved icon lookup times and added tweaks + debugging tab in options.
Overall, Find and Run Robot 2.2 is very impressive and a great tool that comes in handy for users who prefer to navigate their computer more with keyboard rather than the mouse.
Thursday, February 6, 2014 by Naresh Kumar · 0
Monday, February 3, 2014
Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7’s dual security engine can create potential conflicts if you have previously installed some other antivirus tool on your computer. Conversely, you can install in a “Compatibility mode”, which plunges the real-time defense to lessen the probability of issues. It is recommended not to install other antivirus tool, as Advanced SystemCare Ultimate offers full-featured solution to every problem on your system.
Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7.0.1 is the newest version released on Dec, 2013 which have added some new features and improved some other.
- [ADDED] Windows 8/8.1 and Internet Explorer 11 Support
- [NEW] Anti-virus Engine for higher detection rate
- [NEW] Smooth Metro User Interface for better usage
- [NEW] Real-time Protector against malware
- [NEW] Browser Homepage Protection from malign modification
- [NEW] Surfing Protection which includes support real-time database update and parental control
- [NEW] Program Deactivator – Intelligently retain more system resource
- [NEW] Skip-UAC Function for faster loading of programs
- [IMPROVED] Real-time Protection, Schedule Scan and Malware Database
- [IMPROVED] Registry Fix & Vulnerabilities
- [IMPROVED] Toolbox
Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 can be bought only for $29.99/1 yr for 3PCs. You will get a 30-day trial if you install the trial version. After 30 days, you can register with a valid license/serial. To install the program, you need minimum 512 MB of RAM and 800 MHz processor.
- Clean – ManageMyMobile, IObit Uninstaller, Registry Cleaner, Disk Cleaner and File Shredder.
- Security – Driver Booster, Homepage Protection, SysExplorer, Process Manager, Driver Manager and IObit Unlocker.
- Optimization – Smart RAM, Internet Booster, Startup Manager, Registry Defrag, Smart Defrag and Game Booster.
- Controls – Program Deactivator, Protected Folder, Auto Shutdown, System Information and System Control.
- Repair – Undelete, Shortcut Fixer, Disk Doctor, Win Fix and IE Helper.
- Advanced – Start Menu 8, Disk Explorer, Cloned Files Scanner and Empty Folder Scanner.
The toolbox clearly suggests Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 is a comprehensive solution for system protection, optimization and privacy protection. If you wish to optimize and speed up your computer, turn on “Turbo Boost” which automatically releases unnecessary RAM and stops services/apps.
Overall, Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 takes your computer protection to a new level where you’ll be benefitted from improved performance and security. For those who are looking for complete security, Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 is a serious all-in-one security application at a reasonable price.
Monday, February 3, 2014 by Naresh Kumar · 0
Friday, January 24, 2014
You can run Smart Defrag either manually, by running at boot time, background, or scheduling it on specific time. It offers three manual defragmentation modes – Straight (fastest), Fast and Deep optimization. You can choose specific volumes or partitions that are to be defragmented consistently. This can be done by setting “Auto Defrag” option in program settings. You can stop Smart Defrag activity when resource usage climbs above a set level.
Smart Defrag 3.0.3 is the latest version from “IObit” which includes the following changes from the previous ones.
- [NEW] Attractive Metro-style User Interface with new defragmenting map and improved function to broaden and slim interface.
- [NEW] Defrag and Prioritize files to accelerate data processing of frequently used files by intelligently prioritizing drive data and centralizing the storage for ultimate speedup.
- [NEW] Disk Defrag engine that ensures 100% secure defragmentation and powerful disk optimization.
- [IMPROVED] Accelerated Defragmentation and Optimization.
- [IMPROVED] Stability of Boot Time Defrag
- [IMPROVED] Automatically save logs for defragging and analyzing.
- [IMPROVED] Reduced the usage of memory and system resources when running Smart Defrag.
After running Smart Defrag, you can launch files and applications more quickly which everyone wants a defragmenter to accomplish. It intelligently streamlines your hard disk files based on frequency and accelerates the speed of the disks and thus improves whole system’s performance. It is completely suitable for large hard drives as well.
The user interface is neatly designed with clutter-free arrangements. You can select either “Analyze” or “Defrag” the loaded hard disk partitions. It gives completely information of the hard disk volume such as name, status, total size, free size, file system, and options to enable automatic/boot time defrag. You can pause or stop the operation at any time if you want, but that’s not recommended which affects your system’s stability. You can set the time to start Auto Defrag when system gets idle.
- Powerful and Intuitive User Interface
- Latest and Fastest Defragmentation engine designed for both small and large hard drives.
- Not only perform simple defragmentation, it also streamlines your file system to run your computer at top speed.
- Works automatically and quietly in the background, and constantly ensures that your computer is fragment-free.
- “Safe Intelligence” technology that decides when and how to execute defragmentation, which guarantees data safety and reliability.
- Windows 8/8/1 fully compatible
- Unique Deep Analyze technology
- Accelerating disk speed for faster data access
- Boot Time Disk Defrag technology allows you to perform defragmentation at boot time.
- Automatic, Easy, and Free to use
Overall, Smart Defrag 3 is a great tool for defragmenting both small and large hard disk volumes. It has excellent features to operate a quick and deep defragmentation, using only a little amount of system memory.
Friday, January 24, 2014 by Naresh Kumar · 0