Saturday, December 7, 2013
GOM Media Player (Gretech Online Movie Player) installs on the latest Windows 8 and its predecessors. It is developed by South Korean company called Gretech Corporation, with the initial release happened to be on January 7, 2003. It supports popular languages such as English, Russian, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese. GOM Media Player is freeware and ad-supported.
The latest version GOM Media Player 184.108.40.20669 has a lot of modern features such as,
- [Added] UI Transparency Slider
- [Added] New Default GOM Player 2.2 Skin
- [Added] Internal support for multiple codecs
- [Added] Playback status icon to taskbar icon
- [Added] Message reflecting window size changes
- [Improved] Volume boosted to 200%
- [Improved] Bookmark Feature
- [Improved] Ability to properly recognized display aspect ratio and to display “Current Frame” information
- [Corrected] Buffer Overflow security issue
- [Corrected] Audio sync issue with some Xvid videos
- [Improved] File Associations window for Windows 8 and other miscellaneous corrections and fixes.
The installation is customary with an optional setup process to optimize the initial use based on sound and monitor setup. The default window size would be 4:3 with an orange, black, and silver, that looks like a Halloween theme. The playback tools are situated on the bottom left corner, and control panels for organizing your media content are located on the contrary side. You have an optional integrated upsell ticked for linking users to any GOM’s products or video content, which can be removed easily by changing to another skin.
You can set custom hot keys and synchronize remote iOS and Android devices to control the media player over Wi-Fi. GOM Media Player adjusts accordingly and tweaks your picture settings incrementally during live play.
- Supports different media formats such as AVI, MPEG, MPG, DAT, WMV, ASF, ASX, DVD and other popular file formats.
- Codec Finder – GOM media player will automatically find the right codec for your videos and download them without requiring you to install separate codecs.
- Play Damaged AVI Files – Has the ability to play AVI files that have broken index or if it’s not completely downloaded.
- Great Subtitle Support – GOM player supports SRT, SUB, RT, SMI files for subtitle, where you can customize the location, size, resolution, font, margin, and others.
- Own Multimedia Playlist – You can create your own convenient playlist as M3U, PLS, ASX formats, as well as import/edit different media formats on that playlist.
- Burst Capture feature – You can take continuous screenshots up to 999 shots of your video directly from GOM Player.
- Customize Brightness
- Contrast and Saturation
- Sharpen and Add Noise to Your Video
- Audio Equalizer
- A-B Repeat feature
- Fast Forward/Rewind a few seconds
Compared to VLC Player and other media players, GOM Media Player also has pros and cons, but its core strength is its ability to find codecs and playing effectively than other players. GOM Media Player can effortlessly become the best audio and video player for many users. You can download GOM Media Player 2.2, the latest version from its official website or from below download link. Download
Saturday, December 7, 2013 by Naresh Kumar · 0
Monday, December 2, 2013
AVG Internet Security 2014 works beyond simply removing viruses on your PC by chunking infected links when you browse, checking files before you download, and aiding protect your personal data from hackers and other intruders. Not only protection, AVG’s new internet security tool also ensures your PC’s performance doesn’t go down by reducing scan times, stopping notifications while you are working.
The latest version – AVG Internet Security 2014.0.4259 has minor improvements and fixes from last version such as Modified Identity Protection Components’ dialog, added “Fix it” button if E-mail Scanner is not completely functional, fixed problem with accidental BSOD caused by “avgwfp” driver, fixed E-mail scanner certification is now correctly updated after virus database update, fixed possible false positive detection, etc.
A 30-day free trial is available for download on AVG’s official website, where you can purchase the full version for $43.99 or 1299.00 INR. You can purchase for 1 yr or 2 yr subscription according to the number of PCs you have. You can also download other AVG security products such as AVG PC TuneUp, AVG PrivacyFix, etc.
Interface and Installation:
AVG Internet Security 2014 works more on streamlined security experience adopting and renovating the modern UI movement. As the tool is fully compatible with the Windows 8 operating system, the UI is also touch compatible and looks similar to “Metro” design. The main interface shows you the current status of the computer, web browsing, identity, emails, and firewall. The “Fix Performance” button can repair most of the computer’s performance issues such as registry errors, junk files, fragmentation, broken shortcuts, etc. easily. You get four Scan Options for inspecting the computer which includes Manage scheduled scans, Scan whole computer, Scan specific files or folders, and Scan computer for rootkits.
The installation still offers a security toolbar which does include useful security options like Do Not Track, which is also available as a standalone version for free on Firefox and Google Chrome. So, you can download the extension from their respective stores instead of installing the toolbar.
- AVG Resident Shield – Blocks malware and anything that’s infected on your PC.
- Email Scanner – Works as a plug-in for email applications such as Microsoft Outlook 2010, POP3, SMTP, and IMAP accounts.
- LinkScanner Surf-Shield – Stops you from browsing infected or criminal sites using Smart prevention technology. It checks every web page before you click and blocks it right away.
- Proactive Cloud Technology – Installs automatic updates via “the cloud” and prevents emerging threats.
- Anti-Spam – Stops spammers and scammers from infecting your PC by checking all your emails for malicious content and code.
- Advanced Online Shield – Checks files that are safe to download and ensures a safe exchange of files using MSN and Yahoo! and ICQ.
- File Shredder – Deletes your personal data permanently on your hard disk that might be vulnerable to someone else.
- Encrypted Data Safe - Stores all your significant and valuable documents, photos, videos and other files into a password-protected virtual disk on your PC by encrypting them. With purchased AVG IS 2014, you can have as many Data Safes as you wish to.
- Do Not Track – Comes with AVG Security Toolbar which identifies which websites are tracking i.e. collecting data on your online activities and allows only after your authorization. It works as a plug-in for Firefox, Chrome and IE.
- Wi-Fi Guard – Blocks unknown and suspicious wireless network points, especially access points used by hackers and alerts you before you connect.
- Enhanced Firewall – Provides you the ultimate protection for your personal information such as credit card numbers, bank details, online shopping and other online activities by preventing hackers (malware) from accessing your private data.
- Faster Performance – Offers rapid scanning using ‘AVG Turbo Scan’ and works on low priority mode using ‘AVG Smart Scanner’ to make sure your PC doesn’t get slowed down.
Apart from the above features, AVG Internet Security 2014 also fixes performance issues related to your PC via AVG Advisor, AVG Auto-Fix and Auto-Updates. You get the ultimate video-viewing experience via AVG Accelerator, maximizing connection speeds and deliver faster and smoother video streaming on sites like YouTube. You also get a 24x7 free phone support, 365 days a year.
After 30-day trial period you should buy the full version to get unlimited protection. Coming to the performance, the detection rates are improved and the scanning speeds are rapid. The privacy tools are robust detecting malware efficiently than before. For those who actively share their machine with other users, AVG Internet Security 2014 will be most useful.
Monday, December 2, 2013 by Naresh Kumar · 0
Monday, November 25, 2013
The leftovers are not completed removed when you use the default Windows uninstaller program. Wise Program Uninstaller is very much handy in these situations. The simple yet elegant user interface is easy to use.
The newest version has improved reading installation time of applications, added Auto-checking function for updates, updated language package and fixed the problem of not identifying some installation directory when using Forced Uninstall.
- Offers additional features compared to the default Windows ‘Add or Remove Programs’ function.
- Clean and clutter-free User Interface.
- Safe Uninstall mode – Performs the normal installation with basic functionality.
- Forced Uninstall mode (only experienced users) – Removes all related data like registry entries without affecting your system performance or stability.
- Repair programs which have issues.
- Automatically shows when starting Wise Program Uninstaller.
- Displays detailed information of all installed apps or programs on your system such as name, publisher, size, installation date and version.
- Built-in Search function to quickly search a specific item.
The Forced Uninstall mode removes the program, its related files as well as Windows registry entries. Removing registry entries is not a safe measure as Windows may start experiencing errors. So, it is recommended only for experienced users.
Finally, Wise Program Uninstaller performs uninstall task utilizing low CPU and system memory. You can also download Wise Program Uninstaller 1.57 portable version for free.
Monday, November 25, 2013 by Naresh Kumar · 0
Monday, November 18, 2013
DriverMax is an excellent Windows PC utility tool to download the new updates of your Windows drivers and update them easily without needing any additional programs. It backs up all your drivers installed on your PC, so that you can restore when required. It automatically checks for new driver versions in your computer and installs missing drivers for unknown devices as well.
The newest version of DriverMax 7.23 identifies for fresh updates of your PC drivers and downloads the latest drivers faster than ever. It spots out the unknown devices and get Vista rating information before your buy new hardware.
You need only 10 MB of free hard disk space and internet connection for free registration. You can create an account to access the program’s functions via the built-in User Registration Wizard. The only constraint from DriverMax is it downloads only 2 drivers per day for free users.
- Download, Update, Backup and Restore the drivers installed on your PC.
- You can update all types of motherboard computer and hardware drivers.
- No need of searching drivers on the internet for unknown devices.
- Export all your current drivers to a folder or a compressed file. (When reinstalling Windows)
- You can customize the driver installations as in most situations Windows stores all versions of older drivers just in case you want to go back.
- The Export Wizard exports only the selected drivers by copying the needed files to a folder or a compressed ZIP file.
- Displays detailed report about all installed drivers such as version, release date, install date, etc. and provide you with Windows Experience Index rating information before you purchase new hardware.
- Windows 8 Compatibility and User-friendly Interface.
- You can install and update all drivers at once. (only for pro users)
- DriverMax sits in the System Tray and informs you when there is a driver update.
Finally, DriverMax is a great utility tool for updating your Windows drivers safely and can restore them when necessary. The application is easy to use and is considered as the best choice for all users.
Monday, November 18, 2013 by Naresh Kumar · 0
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Ad-Aware, in spite of facing few problems over the past 2-3 years, it had stick the basics and presented a full-fledged software for security. The new version answers to all the previous issues and queries it had faced. Though it can’t get to the top security list immediately, the overall improvement says that it can go much further if it continues to offer consistent online security.
Let’s check out what features are included and improved in this latest version.
- Download and Installation made easy.
- Light and sleek user interface.
- Ad-Aware’s premium versions can be downloaded and/or unlocked easily.
- Superfast antivirus engine works alongside its powerful anti-spyware technology, to block malware, spyware and conventional viruses.
- Powered by BitDefender’s core security engine keeping ‘Vipre scanner’ aside.
- Automatic updates are available several times a day giving you the assurance of your computer’s security.
The installation process takes extra time to download the virus definitions which is a bit bearable. The installation process is bundled with a bunch of disgusting unnecessary programs. But the in-house toolbar add-on would be useful and is recommended. The toolbar offers three basic features which include a built-in Yahoo! Search, a Web profile for safe browsing and a toolbar remover.
Coming to its interface, Ad-Aware Free Antivirus 11.0 has got simple yet visually pleasing design with thinner fonts and modernized menu layout. Unlike other security softwares, Ad-Aware keeps away unnecessary social widgets from the interface, showing only basic modules. The other categories are neatly placed for quick navigation.
- Legendary Antispyware engine could detect and block cybercriminals from malware infection.
- A Superfast antivirus engine works along with the Ad-Aware antivirus engine to block malware, spyware and viruses.
- Real Time Protection can detect malware instantly before your PC gets vulnerable. It involves real-time process protection, registry protection and network protection.
- Shop & Bank Online with complete safety
- Download any internet stuff like photos, music, movies, P2P files, etc. with zero-risk.
- Advanced Two-way Firewall – Safeguards your personal identity and data against malicious programs.
- Safe Networking (HIPS technology) administers network and system activities and block malicious intrusions.
- Real Time protection for your Social Networking sites with the help of Anti-phishing technology.
- Malware Sandbox Emulator – A Virtual technology developed to protect users from unidentified or emerging malware without compromising system performance.
- Parental Control – Protects your children from all adult-related web content and activities by creating a custom website-filter pattern.
- Game Mode – Play games and watch movies without any disturbance as all security alerts, system scans and other notifications are turned off without compromising system security.
- File Shredder – Permanently remove all the data from your hard drive so that no one else can use your private information.
Along with the above features, Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ 11.0 also include few useful features such as Digital Lock, which protects your files and sensitive information with strong encryption technology; Pin-Point Scanning, to scan only the desired files or folders directly from their original location; Email Protection, which can detect email threats.
Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ 11.0 is a dependable choice if you are looking for basic antivirus features and powerful anti-spyware protection. This is a definite try if your system is infected with hard-to-remove malware.
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 by Naresh Kumar · 0
Thursday, November 7, 2013
Like many other PC optimization tools, Advanced SystemCare 7 also bundled with huge number of tools for controlling your PC startup programs, defragmenting your hard drive, managing running programs, finding and removing duplicate files and tweaking essential Windows settings.
Advanced SystemCare 7 Free has huge list of new features such as brand-new Metro UI, Windows 8/8.1 support, Surfing Protection Technology, and many more. Check out below for the full list.
- Uninstaller 3 – Improved Scan for both applications and browser plug-ins.
- Driver Booster – To update the outdated drivers quickly.
- Program Deactivator – Get more available system resources by automatically enabling and disabling background services.
- Real-time Protector – Protects your computer against malware in real time in the background.
- Homepage Protection – Protects your web browser’s homepage and search engine from malicious modification in real time.
- ManageMyMobile – Optimize, Clean, Manage, and Backup your Android device easily.
- Surfing Protection Technology – Support real-time database update and parental control for secure browsing.
- Start Menu 8 – Brings Windows 7 start menu for Windows 8 users.
- Skip-UAC Function – Loads your programs faster than ever.
- Expanded Malware Removal Database – To protect newly emerging malware threats from infecting your PC.
- Fully Upgraded Cloned Files Scanner – Support removing duplicates in just one click.
- Junk File Clean – Cleans Windows 8 Metro App Cache to release more free system space and thus boosting the system performance.
- Privacy Sweep – Now Supports IE 11, Opera 16, Chrome 30, Twitter Metro, Adobe Reader Touch, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.2, GOM Player, and more applications.
- Enhanced Registry and Vulnerability Fix – Higher Scanning speed and more solid performance.
The installation is a bit tedious and annoying task which includes collection of shortcuts to other downloads. The toolbox suggests to install every single product separately instead as a whole. And the uninstallation too forces to uninstall each individual app separately.
There are few cons for Advanced SystemCare 7 Free such as lackluster redesign, tedious install/uninstallation, basic defragmentation, basic malware protection, inefficient process explorers, etc. It is recommended to download separate tools for defrag and malware protection. As it is a free application, we can’t expect comprehensive protection or optimization.
Apart from the above you can get great tools like Disk cleaner, Registry cleaner, Smart RAM, Internet Booster, and Win Fix that helps you to fix many system problems. To have a custom PC maintenance suite with plenty of useful functionality, Advanced SystemCare 7 Free is definitely worth a download. Download Advanced SystemCare 7 Free from IObit website.
Thursday, November 7, 2013 by Naresh Kumar · 0
Saturday, November 2, 2013
Supported Disks (HDD/SSD):
- Serial ATA and IDE (Parallel ATA) disks connected internal ATA controller.
- A part of USB-HDD
- Does not support RAID disks and IDE (Parallel ATA) and Serial ATA disks connected external ATA controller.
- Current Transfer Mode report
- Windows 8.1 support
- Per-Monitor DPI support (Windows 8.1)
- Opus support
- Server Core support
- DevSleep detection
- New Strings to language files
- Shows General Information, Controller Information, and S.M.A.R.T information.
- Result of IDENTIFY DEVICE, SMART READ DATA, and SMART READ THRESHOLD commands.
- Requires Administrative privileges to access information
- Requires .NET Framework 2.0 or later for ‘Alert Mail’
- Patch tool to identify fail during NCQ write command.
Finally, CrystalDiskInfo is a must-have system diagnostic utility for every PC user to monitor the health status of HDDs. Download the latest version CrystalDiskInfo 6.0 for free which supports Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2008, 2003, and 2000.
Saturday, November 2, 2013 by Naresh Kumar · 0
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
What is Electric Sheep?
Electric Sheep is a joint abstract artwork founded by Scott Draves in 1999. The main intention is to recreate the biological phenomena of evolution and reproduction through mathematics. It is a form of artificial life that is made up of man and machine, a cyborg mind with 450,000 computers and people participated all over the internet.
The participating computers worked together to form a supercomputer that renders animations called “sheep”, that is visible to everyone. The human participants voted for their favorite animations in the flock.
The “sheep” are developed such that they follow specific mathematical instructions called “Draves’ Flame algorithm”, to render its own piece of the larger work. The images are sent back to a main server which are converted into animations and are sent back to the viewers.
How does it Work?
When you activate Electric Sheep, a sheep gets alive and for every 15 minutes a new sheep is born and distributed to all clients for display. Each sheep is an animated fractal flame. The duration of each sheep is 4 seconds. The sheep’s shape, motions, and color are specified by a genetic code, a long string of numbers. Users can vote for the active sheep and the one which gets more votes will live longer and more likely to reproduce. Each sheep is downloaded and displayed within a minute.
Electric Sheep’s new version is available for download which supports Mac OS X, Linux, iPad and Android. This program is recommended only if you have a high-bandwidth, always-on connection to the internet such as DSL or cable modem.
Wednesday, October 30, 2013 by Naresh Kumar · 0
Sunday, October 27, 2013
CintaNotes is a simple yet powerful application with an intuitive interface. A small form is used to note down the important information. The note preserves a title, a tag, and set of links to online resources. The note(s) can be customized with the help of available features. You may select one of the emphasis options such as bold, italic, underline, strikeout. You can highlight the important areas and create bullet or numbered lists. You could also insert timestamps to the notes.
Once completed, the list of created notes is listed in the app’s interface with creation time and date. You can customize each note such that it is under a different section, which makes it easy to differentiate between important and not so important notes.
The new version 2.3 has added a new feature for search option “Search across field boundaries” and added confirmation dialog to merge command. It has improved some features such as hyperlink support, editor, and simplenote sync. And also fixed some of its features related to recycle bin, Esc key handling, HTML export, editor, CN crash, valid license, and imported tags are not assigned.
- A free, lightweight and user-friendly note taking application that saves and tag any useful information.
- Clip text from anywhere by pressing the hotkey using text-clipping that automatically saves the text and its source URL without installing a browser plug-in or add-on.
- Retrieves information as soon as you start typing the title or the URL.
- Organize note information with powerful tagging system and later use tag union, intersection and subtraction filters to quickly find what you need.
- Simplenote Synchronization (PRO version only) – You can get full read/write access to your notes on any iOS, Android or Windows Phone device.
- Synchronize notes across multiple PCs with Live note synchronization via free online services such as Google Drive, DropBox, SugarSync.
- Also comes as a portable version, which you can carry on a flash drive and run it directly on any computer without installing.
- Launch at system startup
CintaNotes is also available in PRO version that includes advanced features like multiple notebooks, unlimited number of tabbed sections, expandable tag tree, exporting notes to HTML, pasting notes into other applications, and accessing notes from mobile devices. The PRO version license can be purchased for $25 which includes 12 months of free updates and zero adware.
Coming to its free version, it has some limitations like it can create only up to 3 sections, simplenote sync is disabled, and cannot link notes with each other. Although it has some restrictions, the free version definitely proves to be useful on a daily basis. Any inexperienced individual will find it useful and easy to handle. Download CinteNotes installer or portable versions for free from below link.
Sunday, October 27, 2013 by Naresh Kumar · 0
Thursday, October 24, 2013
Pros and Cons:
Norton Internet Security 2014 has an excellent blocking mechanism for malicious and deceitful websites, strong parental controls, network map monitoring on Norton installations, improved startup manager, accurate spam filtering and intelligent firewall. It shows minimal impact on system performance.
If you want to utilize parental control feature comprehensively, then you should purchase it and that’s one of the main drawbacks in Norton Internet Security 2014. Other limitations include 30 days trial version with nag screen.
- Threat-removal Layer – Eliminates difficult-to-remove threats completely from your computer.
- Norton Protection System includes 4 layers of solid protection especially designed to proactively against the newly emerging threats.
- Identity Safe – Remembers, secures and automatically fills your website user credentials of you, so they can’t be lost or stolen.
- Safe Web for Facebook – Checks your Facebook for malicious links, infected downloads and risky websites.
- Automatically sends you the significant product and feature updates and installs the latest version without your involvement.
- Enhanced protection and performance
- SONAR Behavioral Protection & Live 24x7 Threat Monitoring
- Bandwidth Management 2.0
A pre-installation scan is performed before installing the actual product in Norton Internet Security 2014 version, because an unprotected machine has threats that would disable antivirus. Pre-installation scan detects basic malware and eliminates them perfectly, while it has difficulty in removing rootkits or MBR infections during pre-installation. Whereas, the actual installation of the product goes smoothly with no computer restart once it is done.
Coming to its Interface, the minor changes made are effective, while the rest of the things remain same. As it compatible with Windows 8 OS, the touch-enabled systems feel more comfortable in accessing the interface.
- Norton Insight, identifies which files are safe and dangerous using the feedback of Norton user community.
- Anti-phishing – This technology blocks fraudulent “phishing” websites that tries you steal your personal information.
- Intelligent 2-way Firewall – Prevents anonymous access to your home network by blocking incoming traffic concluded to be unsafe.
- Defrag – Resolves your PC’s frequent problems that can slow down the performance and battery life.
- Built-in Intelligence – Increases your Laptop’s battery life by killing unnecessary services until you are plugged in and out of full-screen mode.
- Insight + Optimized File Copy – Finds safe files and only scans unknown files.
- Spam Blocking – Removes unwanted, malicious and deceitful emails from your mailbox.
- Norton Family – This parental control feature protects your kids from online hazards.
- Startup Manager – Frees up your PC memory so as to computer startup faster.
There are more useful tools such Scam Insight, a Password Manager/Form Filler, Network Monitor, Bootable Repair Disc, and other performance-related tools. The Password Manage now supports drag and drop facility that you can search for logins directly from the toolbar. The interface is more obtrusive than the previous one. The improved behavioral detection protects you from never-before-seen threats.
In the list of top internet security softwares, Norton Internet Security 2014 doesn’t stand in the competition, although it is highly-efficient in providing online security and minimal impact on PC performance. Download Norton Internet Security 2014 30-day trial or purchase full version for Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP operating systems.
Thursday, October 24, 2013 by Naresh Kumar · 0