Friday, November 2, 2012
Do you like this story?
As 1 year license for single user (can be used up to 3 PCs) is bit expensive ($89.99), it is better to try for 30 days to know its set of security features. Or you can download 90 days of Norton 360 2013 software which is offered as part of promotion by PCWelt.de, a popular Dutch online website. This product has 3 months OEM license key provided for free. You could download using “Download” button below. But before that let’s look at Norton 360’s complete specs, pros and cons.
Installation and Interface:
Finally Symantec has come up with an installation which doesn’t need a restart. As this 2013 version is compatible with the Windows 8 operating system, the sequence of completion is very impressive. The installer asks to participate in Norton’s behavior-based detection engine called “Quorum”, to send authorless data to Symantec’s cloud. This is an optional step and you can skip it quite easily.
Whether you are using the trial version of 30 or 90 days, a small registration is needed to run the program without any annoyance. Overall, the setup experience is fast, impressive and convenient.
Coming to its interface, a major turned around by Symantec as it has been optimized for Windows 8 and touch screen operating systems. The design also resembles the style of Windows 8 Metro feature. There are tiles-like buttons for “Security”, “Identity”, “Backup” and “Tuneup”. The status of every option is placed below with the related symbol next to that.
- It offers exclusive Norton protection system and Defense Layer Protection to get rid of online viruses and threats with 5-layered detection and accurate removal.
- New Threat-Removal Layer – Eradicate onerous and hard-to-remove threats.
- Improved SONAR Behavioral Protection and Live 24x7 Threat Monitoring.
- It offers backup of your important files, photos and other stuff using “Automatic Backup” feature.
- PC Tuneup – Cleans up unnecessary files and folders, repairs general PC problems, and frees up memory, which improves your PC performance.
- Anti-Phishing Technology – Detects phishing websites which are meant to sneak into your PC and rob your sensitive information like passwords, identity, etc.
- Exclusive Parental Control Management called “Norton Online Family”, through which you one can safely keep their children out of adult online content.
- Norton Pulse Updates – Examines your PC protection level every 10 minutes without disturbing your regular work.
- Web-based Backup – The data you have backed up can be downloaded anytime, anywhere via the cloud.
- It checks Facebook “News Feed” for malicious links, unsafe websites and downloads.
- Also it has exclusive features of Norton Antivirus and Internet Security like Norton Identity Safe, Norton Insight, Safe Web, Browser Protection, Download Insight 2.0, Vulnerability Protection, Bandwidth Management 2.0, and free 24x7 live chat through phone or online.
- Version – 360 v6 2013
- Setup File Size ¬– 166.60 MB
- Price – Free to try; 30 Days; 90 Days; $89.99 to buy for annual subscription
- Operating Systems – Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP and Server 2008
This post was written by: Naresh Kumar
I’m a part-time blogger and tech lover who wants to know new technology stuff. I’m in IT field for over 8 years. I love to write articles and share information related to Free Software Downloads, PC Security, OS tips and tricks, and latest technology aspects. Follow me on Twitter
and Google Plus