Thursday, November 8, 2012
Do you like this story?
Titanium uses cloud technology as other online security softwares do, and keeps your PC efficient with real-time updates. CNET rated this antivirus software as “Outstanding” and “Excellent” by PCMag. It would neither slow down your system performance nor consume heavy OS resources.
Installation and Interface:
The whole setup process takes less than 1 minute to complete and before you run the program, you’ve to fill up an email address for Titanium registration. Restart is recommended by experts to run the application efficiently after entire installation.
The Interface is customizable and is quite different from previous version of Titanium. There are five major sections residing on the top namely – Overview, PC/Mobile, Privacy, Data and Family and each section have its own functionality. The “Overview” section shows you the protection status with security summary. There are options for Scan, Settings, and Performance indication, below on the left - side.
If you are using trial version, you can register with Titanium and activate the full version or upgrade to the latest version, if any.
- Blocks malware related viruses and malicious links shared via email and Instant Messaging.
- The “Behavorial Cloud Detection” updates the virus definitions automatically without your interference.
- Strong Firewall Booster – Integrates with Windows security components, activates the network-firewall and through this it controls the speed of internet browsing and email.
- Online Spam Guards – Checks your online activity for spam email and websites and blocks them automatically.
- It has two new sturdy engines – one for detecting and removing ransomeware i.e. a fake antivirus kind of malware and the other to stop botnets that have infected your PC.
- Facebook Privacy Scanner – Recognizes settings that are responsible for the leakage of your private information and thus ensuring social network safety.
- Parental Controls – Protects your children from online dangers like Phishing, spam IM, etc.
- Online Guardian Social Monitoring – This exclusive feature protects your children by monitoring their social networking activities on Facebook, Twitter and MySpace.
- SafeSync – Titanium offers 5GB online storage for mobile access.
- DirectPass – For protecting and managing your website passwords.
- Platform SafeGuard – You can securely browse in Windows 8 Metro.
- Improved protection from Trojans, spyware, worms, rootkits, and Phishing websites.
- System Tuner – Monitors your PC activity for invalid registry entries, junk files, and malicious background processes.
- Secure Erase File Shredder.
With its solid protection, clever scanning and consistent virus updates, Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2013 can be a powerful all-in-one security software though some users have complained about its deep impact at the time of system boot.
- Version – 6.0.1215
- Setup File Size – 5.88 MB
- Price – 30 Days Trial, $63.95 to buy the annual subscription
- Operating Systems – Windows 7, Vista and XP (32-bit and 64-bit)
This post was written by: Naresh Kumar
I’m a part-time blogger and tech lover who wants to know new technology stuff. I’m in IT field for over 8 years. I love to write articles and share information related to Free Software Downloads, PC Security, OS tips and tricks, and latest technology aspects. Follow me on Twitter
and Google Plus