Monday, January 14, 2013
Do you like this story?
Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ is actually an Anti-spyware tool combined with the features of antivirus and it is the fastest and lightweight antivirus among other security tools that we don’t get these days. It blocks malware silently or in background without disturbing your regular computer usage. But the Anti-Phishing feature lacks the true act of removing Phishing threats.
The new version 10, however had few bug fixes like improved installation flow and added languages.
Installation and Interface:
Apart from Ad-Aware’s default browser toolbar, the installation part is upright, painless and fast. A reboot is needed after the completion, which is seen very often in every security suite. It automatically downloads the latest virus definitions and runs the Quick Scanning module.
The Interface has to be the best part of the latest Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ 10, which is unique from other Anti-spyware or Anti-virus softwares. A big security status is shown at the top with the latest updates like Last Scan, Quarantine, Definition Update, etc. You can directly change the Basic and Advanced Protection settings from the Home screen itself. A large “Scan Now” button is placed at the right-side corner.
- Improved Strong Detection Engine, which has extensive compatibility and performance with increased scan speeds.
- Enhanced Browser Protection Engine – Downloads the new updates frequently and protects your computer from the latest threats.
- Advanced Defense Mode – Increases performance and compatibility while running other security tools.
- Intelligent Scan – Caches the files which are resolved as safe in previous scans and skips them while running the new scan.
- Live Protection that continually examines your PC activity for suspicious and malicious files and prevents them before they infect your computer.
- Improved Installation and Multi-language Support.
- Ultrafast Antivirus and Anti-spyware Detection Engine.
- Real-time Protection and Behavior-based Heuristics Scanning that detects malware-related threats before they infect your PC.
- Malware Sandbox Emulator – Gets the updates of latest virus definitions and protects your computer from new versions of malware.
- Safe Browsing – Scans your Internet browsing activity for malicious websites and URLs and protects your computer from them.
- Scans your downloads for suspicious files and prevents them if they are dangerous.
- Selected, Full and Quick Scanning.
- Protects your Offline and Online sensitive information.
- Stay updated with the latest reports of newly emerging threats.
Finally, we can say that Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ 10 has some glitches in the latest version, but if you want to protect your newly bought computer or laptop, try this Anti-spyware software.
- Version – 10.4
- Setup File Size – 5.9 MB
- Price – Free; paid version upgradable
- Operating Systems – Windows 7, Vista, XP and 2000
This post was written by: Naresh Kumar
I’m a part-time blogger and tech lover who wants to know new technology stuff. I’m in IT field for over 8 years. I love to write articles and share information related to Free Software Downloads, PC Security, OS tips and tricks, and latest technology aspects. Follow me on Twitter
and Google Plus