Sunday, February 3, 2013
Do you like this story?
AVG Internet Security 2013 safeguards your online activities like browsing, banking, shopping, social networking, and many more. With its excellent performance, faster scans, advanced features and frequent updates, AVG IS 2013 will offer you next generation privacy protection.
Installation and Interface:
The 2013 installation process is continued with five setup screens which ought to be short and the whole thing would complete in 2 minutes. The installer file size is also reduced to 33MB and the reboot problem too has been solved as it isn’t required after the completion. The setup process also includes the optional toolbar of AVG (which provides the important browser security feature called ‘AVG Do Not Track’) and SafeSearch.
The interface is kicked off with tremendous changes as it is optimized to support the touch screen systems and Windows 8. The appearance too was adapted from Windows 8 tiled Metro-style. The navigation part is easy and the customization level is also simple.
- AVG Resident Shield – Also called as Anti-malware stops any malware trying to infect your PC.
- AVG Anti-Rootkit – Detects and eliminates dangerous rootkits which can access a computer without your intervention.
- AVG Protective Cloud Technology – Updates your antivirus program automatically and prevents newly emerging threats in infecting.
- AVG LinkScanner – Finds any suspicious activity while you are browsing; checks every website you visit and blocks it.
- AVG Email Scanner – Scans the email Inbox for malicious or infected attachments of SMTP, POP3, IMAP, etc. that can damage your computer.
- AVG Social Network Protection – Checks the links exchanged on social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc and keeps your social activity secure.
- AVG Online Shield – Checks each file before they get downloaded onto your PC.
- AVG Anti-Spam – Prevents online spam and scam while you are checking emails.
- Identity Protection – Keeps your personal data safe and blocks cyber-criminals who are trying to steal it.
- Anti-Spyware – Identity spyware and adware threats that track your sensitive information.
- AVG Wi-Fi Guard – Avoids your PC in accessing unknown Wi-Fi networks or Wi-Fi hackers.
- AVG Improved Firewall blocks malware that works on wireless and wired networks.
- AVG Turbo Scan and Smart Scanner will reduce the security-scanning times and scan your PC smartly by shifting to low priority mode, only when the computer is idle.
- Game Mode – Scan and update your PC when playing games (online/offline) and prevents computer crashes, freezes, lags, etc.
- AVG Accelerator – Increases the internet connection speeds and improves the video streaming experience while watching YouTube videos.
- AVG Advisor – Recommends you some important steps to increase the internet speeds, improve bandwidth and memory consumption.
- AVG Auto-Fix – With just one-click, it finds and removes all your PC problems.
- AVG Auto-Updates would constantly update the virus definitions and maintain stable computer performance.
- AVG Free Support – 24x7 Free Support with expert team.
- Quick Scan – 9 min 8 seconds
- Full Scan – 1 hr 20 min
- Boot Time Impact – 15 seconds
- Version – 2013
- Setup File Size – 4.23 MB
- Price – 30 Day Trial; $43.99 to buy
- Operating Systems – Windows 8, 7, XP and Vista
This post was written by: Naresh Kumar
I’m a part-time blogger and tech lover who wants to know new technology stuff. I’m in IT field for over 8 years. I love to write articles and share information related to Free Software Downloads, PC Security, OS tips and tricks, and latest technology aspects. Follow me on Twitter
and Google Plus